I love the session because we play lots of matches, there are prizes, the coaches are all kind and it’s great fun! :-)
George, Green Ball player
Minis and Juniors
Join usTo find out more or arrange a visit contact
Junior tennis courses
Book securely online
(course fee discounts for Halton Junior Club Members)
Membership ratesSee our current rates here
Event scheduleRead the schedule for upcoming matchplays & tournaments open to all young players (members and non-members)
Junior YogaWe now offer yoga for youngsters!
Click here for our timetable.
Birthday partiesLet us host your party!
"It was super!! The children absolutely loved the tennis and some of the parents are now looking into membership and the summer camps."
- Sarah Rowan
Read details and apply
British Tennis MembershipGet the most from British Tennis by signing up as a British Tennis Member (BTM) with the LTA
SafeguardingRead about how we safeguard your children at Halton here
Mini Tennis is a very special section of our Club, with over 250 young players - perfect to make new friends and prepare for junior membership of the club - see the LTA's introduction. We have a vibrant junior tennis scene at Halton as the leading club in Bucks for juniors wishing to compete, from friendly local matches all the way through to national standard. Our coaches are hugely committed to engaging and helping our young members get the most from their tennis experience, whether through energetic fun sessions or recognising and mentoring talented players through Everyball's Performance Programmes.
Welcoming members of all abilities, Halton is a great place to meet up with their friends in a safe environment. They can relax and play table tennis, basketball, football and other sports, and join in social events.
Mini membership (under 10's)
All children attending Mini Tennis Red (4-7 years) or Orange (8-9 years) courses/squads at Halton will now have membership included in their course fees. With the aim of getting all of our youngest players on the court more often and creating a culture of regular fun, family practice. 100% of mini-membership income is reinvested into our mini tennis activities, ensuring we continue to offer the absolute best facilities and opportunities possible to our mini-players.
- Free use of Outdoor mini/junior Zone with parents (no adult membership required) - The amazing new mini/junior Zone at Halton features 4 mini red courts, table tennis tables, picnic benches, a summer house with table football & pool and a hitting wall! With mini membership you can play with your children in the zone, having a brilliant time, lots of laughs and helping your little players to be the very best they can be!
- Mini-membership welcome bag
- Monthly Red & Orange matchplays - all results counting towards LTA rating
- Inter-Club leagues
- Mini Tennis Club Championships
- Parents will be invited to 'Parent Play' sessions!
- Access to award progression drills and games to help get the most out of practice and most importantly making sure it's great fun!
- Access from 12.30am-2pm on Sundays to the indoor mini-zone.**
- Mini Orange indoor court access - Sunday 12.30-2pm**
- Mini Orange drills and games ideas to help the next stage get the most out of family practice
** There will be occasions throughout the year when we have events booked, at these times the courts may be unavailable, we will of course provide notice in advance.
Players at 8+ may also upgrade to full junior membership. As a complete ‘home’ for their tennis experience we can also provide a great birthday party venue!
Sessions include use of indoor courts during inclement weather.
* During term time only; 2019 dates:
Spring Term: 7 January - 16 February; 25 February - 6th April
Summer Term: 27 April - 25 May (no session on 6 May Bank Holiday); 3 June - 20 July
Autumn Term: 9 September - 26 October; 4 November - 14 December
Here are a few facts about our junior offerings:
- Enjoy the dedicated junior play zone - an area dedicated to our younger members: 4 outdoor junior courts, table football, table tennis basketball and football
- Over 300 children regularly play competitive matches - more than anyone else in Buckinghamshire!
- Our coaching squads start from age 2½
- Over 600 children train with us each week at the club and a further 500 at local schools
- We have 15 teams for competition players
- Over 1000 matches are typically played annually
- Our Everyball holiday camps attract over 800 children each year
From as little as £3 per week our juniors enjoy a great package of activities - click here for full details.
What our members (and parents) say
"I have been bringing my 3 sons to play tennis at Halton Tennis Club for nearly 8 years. Halton is a beautiful club which is maintained to a very high standard which makes it a lovely environment to be in. All the staff are friendly and welcoming and while your child is playing tennis you can go to the gym, visit nearby Wendover or relax in the Pavillion Club House. The Pavillion serves a variety of refreshments and some lovely cakes too. Whatever your visit to Halton is for you will be treated like one of the family and a warm welcome will always be received."
"The coaches are fun and do a great mix of games and matches."
James, junior member
"It's nice and relaxed, it doesn't have to be too serious. The coaches are all really helpful and let us improve at our own rate."
Jasper, junior member
"It's great that we have lots of different courts."
George, junior member
"The club sessions are brilliant fun, we do a mix of different sports!"
Iz, junior member
"The club sessions are fun, we do something different each week!"
Jack, junior member
"I love the Junior Club sessions, the coaches are great fun and we play good games!"
Tom, junior member
(in the Daily Telegraph)
Providing a safe, secure environment for our young guests is our highest priority. For detailed information read our safeguarding policy. If you would like to raise any issues or just have a chat with our Welfare & Safeguarding Officer, please contact Tom Mayer on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07771 701629.
Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY)
We recommend that all our elite young players and athletes visit the CRY website which explains cardiac risk in the young and how to arrange screening.